Our History

History of the Raeford Evangelical Methodist Church

 This local congregation got it's start in 1915, when J. L. and Lilla B. McLeod came up from Portland, FL determined to establish a holiness church here in Raeford, NC.

Mrs. McLeod bought three lots where later the "old church" on the corner of 6th & Green Street would be built.  She also taught some during that time, using what was known as Mill Chapel for the services.

The "old church" was built in 1938, but it wasn't until 1958 that the indoor plumbing was installed.

The congregation went by the name of the Peoples Christian Movement in Raeford, and was later changed to the Peoples Methodist Church, before becoming the Raeford Evangelical Methodist Church (REMC) in 1962.

This church was founded by a missionary minded lady and we continue to support our missionaries in Mexico, as well reaching out here in our community to reach the lost and to help in such ministries as our Food Pantry, and supporting West Hoke County Middle School with supplies. 

 In 2006 the REMC moved to the current location after purchasing 5 acres of land and building our beautiful building.  To God be the Glory Great Things He has Done!